WorkSafeBC requires all worksites in British Columbia with 20 or more employees to have a Joint Health & Safety Committee.
As of April 3, 2017, all new Joint Committee members must receive 8 hours of training on the following topics:
- the duties and functions of a joint committee
- the rules of procedure of the joint committee
- the requirements around conducting incident investigations
- the requirements around conducting regular workplace inspections, and how to make regular inspections
- the requirements around responding to a refusal of unsafe work
- the requirements for annually evaluating the joint committee
In this 8-hour online course, students learn how to effectively carry out their duties as Joint Health and Safety Committee members. Participation in this course meets the requirements of section 3.27 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation.